“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, but rather, that which is most adaptable to change.” Charles Darwin
"It isn't the events themselves that disturb people, but only their judgements about them." Manuel Epictete
Sophrology is a relaxation technique. With it you can
- improve your resistance to day-to-day stress, both in your private and professional life
- improve the way you deal with emotions caused by difficult situations i.e. exams, interviews, grief, harassment at work
- strengthen your self-confidence and personality
- improve your powers of concentration
- therapy: treatment of blockades and functional diseases caused by stress
- prophylaxis: prevention
- pedagogy: preparation for life events, such as birth, surgery, examinations and sports events
SOS balance, harmony, serenity
PHREN consciousness, brain, heart
LOGOS science, study, word
These three words make up the term sophrology denoting it as the science of harmonious consciousness. It is inspired by and based on a number of relaxation techniques, such as yoga, autogenic training according to Schultz and progressive muscle relaxation according to Jakobson.
How does the treatment work?
The sophrologist speaks to the client in a soft voice during various exercises that achieve deep physical and mental relaxation, calmness and wellbeing.
This deep state of relaxation leads to true consciousness and opens up the sub-conscious where day-to-day problems are often suppressed. This way, suppressed emotions are recognised and can be managed much better.
- Muscle relaxation and letting go
- Dynamic relaxation: releases tensions
- Breathing exercises: induces calm and leads to deep relaxation
- Mental pictures and metaphors: strengthen self-confidence focus and concentration, activate true potential so that clients can cope better with difficult life situations
Treatment lasts one hour.
Price: € 70*
*Reduced prices may be available to students and financially disadvantaged clients on special request. Please feel free to contact me.
Please note: sophrology is an effective treatment but does not replace a medical examination or treatment.